Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Wrestlers For Lunch!

Well... kind of!

Bryce had a doctor's appointment this morning and he was SO good that his dad promised him a trip to Toys R Us (which isn't far from where I work). Scott called to ask me if I could have an early lunch with them and of course I said... YES!!!!

ANYWAY... the wrestlers! Bryce chose a pack of 10 wrestlers as his treat for being so good at the doctor's office. And of course, he brought them to lunch! So I got to share the treat. Well... sort of. He really didn't want me to touch them when he first got them out, but after he played with them for a while, he was willing to let me look at them. :-)

I'm amazed at the way he plays with his wrestlers. He's pretty young to pretend as well as he does. He's fascinating to watch. He's also very young to play so well by himself! I could have watched him all afternoon! AND he knew the names of all ten wrestlers! As I picked each one up, he told me the name of the wrestler. I was impressed! I got the feeling that he knew ALL the names of the wrestlers, not just the 10 he had with him. :-)

Bryce was SO good at lunch! He's also very decisive. When given a choice of what he wants to eat, he has no problem making up his mind. He chose chicken fingers and french fries and when it came, he ate until he'd had enough and then he pushed his plate away and told Scott he was done. And that was it. He was done. And he was allowed to be done. Scott didn't try to talk him into eating more. He just let him be finished. How wise!

The server came with the bill and asked if we wanted a box. Bryce answered casually that he did. It made me laugh to see him make a decision about his left-overs and to decide what he wanted to take home, which included several peanuts that I had shelled for him. (and, oh! By the way, he wanted me to shell the peanuts - not Scott! And I LOVED it! Thanks, Bryce!)

Scott says that Bryce is going to start pre-school in September - two mornings a week. What a great idea and just enough! I would love to be retired and to be well enough to help some with Bryce while Scott and Crystal work. That would be SO much fun!

What a super day this has been! I'll be smiling all afternoon!

No comments: