Wednesday, July 2, 2008

On the downhill side

This is a 4 day week sooooo Wednesday is on the downhill side of the week - almost Friday - almost the end of the work week. I'm ready!

Cookout at Richard & Julie's on Friday. I called my father last night to invite him. He said he'll come if it doesn't rain. I'm eager to see the new patio at Julie & Richard's house - looks great in the phone-photos. They have such a comfortable home. It's always a treat to visit.

Speaking of visits - Michael and I stopped last night at Richard & Julie's on our way to dinner (pizza at Taverna). I made Julie a bracelet a while ago - very fine silver chain with peridot swarovski crystals which she enjoyed SO much that she wore it until it fell apart. Richard gave it back to me for repairs, but it was just too far gone. The bracelet looked like it had been through a war. What greater compliment could I get than the fact that she loved it and wore it as much as she did. So, of course, I had to make her a new one - just like the one she had. First I made one with a little thicker chain, but it wasn't quite as pretty, so I made a copy of the original and Michael and I stopped to deliver the bracelet to Julie.

Julie put the bracelet on as soon as I gave it to her. I took the one with me that I made first on fine, but thicker chain, too, to see which one she liked better. She liked the one like the original but I decided that I might as well give the other one to her also. She wore them BOTH! And they looked SOOOOO pretty on her! How much fun for me to be able to make Julie something that brings her so much pleasure! What a treat!

Yesterday was a busy day. Not only did I get to see Richard for a couple minutes last night, I also had lunch with him (kind of) yesterday afternoon at Red Robin. Michael was off but had a meeting at "Corporate" at 2:00 so we decided to meet for lunch at Red Robin, which is on the way for Michael and also 5 minutes from where Richard works. I texted Richard to let him know where and when we would be and he said he'd try to come, but he was NOT having a good day at work. He managed to make it, but he went outside twice to take a phone call from work. Frustrating for him, to say the least. It seems to me that he's very much under-appreciated!!

No comments: