Saturday, July 26, 2008

Time moves on

I can tell that time moves on because I can see the hands of the clock move today. Some times the simplest things can bring a great deal of relief and pleasure.

Quiet day. Michael worked and I "played" jewelry for most of the day.

Richard, Julie and Kate have been in North Carolina at the Outer Banks for a week and they're returning today! I'll be SO glad to see them!!! Richard called this afternoon and we talked for quite a while he was "drivin'". It was great to hear his voice.

They had a "good" time! Kate loved the sand, but hated the water. She spent about 2 hours sifting the sand (which she calls "nee" for reasons no one knows). Richard said she had a big bucket and a tiny bucket. They filled the big bucket with water and Kate used the little bucket to take water from the big bucket and dump it down the front of herself. She is always SO busy!

Richard said it was fun going with 3 other couples, but it was also challenging. Only 1 other couple had a child; a baby girl, 6 months old. So it sounded like Julie and Richard's schedule for Kate was a little bit of a frustration for the others. Those who haven't "been there", just don't understand. All in all, though, it sounded like more good than bad.

My dream vacation would be to rent a house - right on the beach somewhere - big enough to house the "whole gang". What fun that would be! I guess I'll just have to keep filling out cards to win a week at the Grotto Beach House for next summer!!

My cousin Gina called this afternoon! What a treat!!!!!! I've always loved Regina! She's so smart and so kind. I think that she and I are the most like Grandma Kennision. Gina is much nicer than I am, though. I inherited a little too much of my mother and Ginny.

ANYWAY, we talked for a couple hours and I loved every minute of it. I would love to live closer to Gina!

No comments: