Monday, July 28, 2008

Words to live by...

like "wahbu" and "nee"!

The power went out again yesterday. I don't even want to talk about it. I screamed when it went out. I think I almost frightened Michael to death. I'm not by nature a screamer.

ANYWAY... while the power was out, I stopped to see Richard, Julie and Kate to hear about their vacation. Kate (and Molly) greeted me at the door (which was fantastic). Kate proceeded to find a toy to play with and I sat on the couch behind her. I asked her if she had a good time on her vacation (which I decided, as soon as the question was out of my mouth, was really a dumb question to ask an almost-18-month-old). But she nodded her head with enthusiasm and answered "yep".

Richard changed her diaper and talked about the new swimming diapers that they now have. Kate repeated "schwimmy diapee". Richard looked at Kate and said... "Right... swimmy diapee for the water". Kate repeated "wahbu" (water). Then Kate frowned and said... "no wahbu - No WAH BU". Ok... no water. Then... a smile... and a nod of her head... "neeeeeee" she offered.

Translation - "No water! Sand!!!!" Kate doesn't like the water but she DOES like the sand!! Well, how cute is THAT??

Then Julie was telling me about the baby that was there with them - Ashley. She said Ashley was cute. Kate said "Ashley fry fry fry. Ashley frybaby". Yup.... fry = cry. How funny! Kate was very much part of the conversation, chiming in her opinion. Soooo funny!

Richard and Julie are as much fun to watch as Kate. I don't know which one looks more delighted with every new word and new achievement for Kate. What a fan club! :)

No comments: