Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Scooter Saturday

Michael loaded up the scooter this afternoon and we went to Lowe's. What fun!! We looked at everything from light bulbs to bath tubs! Sometimes I feel so out of touch with what's going on in the world. It's great to get out and see what's new - what's in style - how things change. If I hadn't stayed home from work yesterday, I'd have done nothing but lie on the couch today. Staying home was definitely the right thing to do.

Greg called to say that Charlie's roof was finished. Charlie has had such a hard time. I'm grateful that Greg was able to do his roof. Greg does a great job (at anything and everything he does)!

We met Richard, Julie and Kate for dinner. We tried to go to Cheeburger, but everything is fried in peanut oil and Kate hasn't had nuts, so we got up, left and went to Ruby's Diner - a new place for Michael and me. We LOVED it! We weren't very hungry because we went to Grotto's for lunch, but we loved the company and the food looked great! We'll definitely go again!

I got a new toy with pop-up animals for when Kate comes to visit. We packed it up and took it with us to dinner for Kate when she had finished eating her dinner. It turned out to be one of my better ideas. She loved the toy and it kept her busy for a long time. She laughed out loud every time the panda popped up - sooo cute. But the funniest part was that Julie growled like a lion when the lion popped up and pretended to claw at Kate. Kate and Julie both laughed so hard, it made everyone near us laugh too. Kate, of course, had to growl and claw back at Julie. I could have watched the two of them all night! Adorable!!!!

Kate had a little ice cream cone for dessert. I wish I had a picture of her eating the cone. Everything she does these days is amazing and spectacular! And I'm TOTALLY objective! Totally! HaHaHaHaHaHaHa

Scott, Crystal and Bryce are coming back from the beach today. It sounds like they had a great time, even though it rained almost every day at some point. Bryce loved the sand but wanted nothing to do with the water - probably best for this year - at least for Scott and Crystal. I hope they had a relaxing week!

No comments: