Saturday, July 19, 2008

Life doesn't always bring you what you want...

... so some times you just have to "settle". "Settling" is not a concept that I embrace, but today it feels like one that's necessary for survival. And some days, that's good enough.

Last night was awful. Richard and Julie gave me tickets to see Les Mis - GREAT seats - lower mezzanine. I was more excited than I can tell you. But when Michael and I took another look at the seating chart, we decided to call the theater to check again on elevator locations, stairs, etc. Long story short - we decided that I just couldn't do it. It was a sad day in Mudville, as the poem says.

The question is not whether or not I can change my life. We can all change our lives to some extent. The question is how much we can change our lives and in what ways? Physical changes for me are slow and not always in the direction I'd like. Richard might tell me that I need to manage my expectations (and he would be right). But managing my expectations doesn't mean giving up. I may never get to another show. But I'll do whatever I can to be better next year than I am this year. With work and God's grace - I'll be better.

Sooooooo Michael and I went to the movies this afternoon to see "Mamma Mia". What a fantastic movie! Meryl Streep surprised me, although I don't know why. I've never seen her be less than phenomenal! This one is defnitely a "see twice" movie! Lovvvvvvvvved it!!

Tough day!

No comments: