Thursday, July 17, 2008

Dinner With A Daughter

I had the WORST day today - not as in physically bad, but in emotionally bad. Work was the pits! I mean REALLY bad! Michael was working until 8 and normally I would have gone home and flopped on the couch, but I had already agreed to have dinner with Julie and Kate, soooo I left work, dropped off money to Greg (that I owed him because he paid for my new gutters) and then met Julie and Kate at Chili's for dinner. What a great idea THAT turned out to be! Julie and Kate completely turned my day around. I felt tons better after spending time with the two of them. It's so easy to forget what's important in life. I'm grateful that they reminded me!

I'm glad that I could shower a li'l love on Julie, too. It seems Julie's day was as bad or worse than mine. This has been a very tough week for her with Kate sick and Richard out of town until tomorrow. It will be great when he rides back into town on his white charger (or grey Honda) to save the day and give Julie a much-needed break. I'm sure he'll be exhausted, too, from long hours and the time change. It would be a great time for a vacation!

No comments: