Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Chicken A La Floor

Dinner with Julie, Kate, Richard and Michael last night at Nino's. Kate is into the "food throwing" stage at the moment. Hey... it's part of the process of growing up. BUT... I have a VERY hard time not laughing when she looks her father square in the eye and throws her chicken onto the floor. She doesn't look defiant; she just looks like she's measuring him. And I don't mean she drops the chicken. Oh no! She wings it! (pun intended) She winds up and really throws it!


I guess I really shouldn't laugh (although she is SO cute, I should be allowed). At some point, I may be at that stage - again. What a thought!

ANYWAY... we were sitting there last night like 5 people out to dinner (wierd) and Kate reached across the table toward Michael. I watched, wondering what she was wanted and that fast ---- "Here Mitel". WHAT???? Julie and I looked at each other at the same time and Julie said... "Did she say Michael?" She DID! Another first!!!!! The child is brilliant. What can I say? She just is!

"Before you were conceived I wanted you
Before you were born I loved you
Before you were here an hour I would die for you
This is the miracle of life."
~ Maureen Hawkins ~

"When I approach a child, he inspires in me two sentiments; tenderness for what he is, and respect for what he may become."
~ Louis Pasteur ~

No comments: