Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sleepfest!

This weekend was a sleepfest!

I talked to Scott on Saturday morning on his way to work. He asked about my day - what I was going to do. I told him I was going to lie on this end of the couch for a while - then I was going to lie on that end of the couch for a while. Big plans! Weekends are my recovery time from the previous week and I intend to take full advantage again today!

Scott said they had a great time at the beach last week. Bryce loved the sand, but wasn't at all interested in the water. Since he's not quite 3 yet, that was probably best for everyone. It was a "family week" at the beach for Crystal. They went with her parents, brothers and sister, and Crystal's grandmother. Pop-Pop stayed home. The beach is just not his "thing". A week of solitude can be a vacation too. :-)

Maybe next year I'll take a trip down while they're there and take them out for dinner or something. A ride to the beach during the week can be a nice break, but not something I'd care to do on the weekend. Delaware is a big old parking lot on Fridays, starting before noon, and it continues through Sunday afternoon and evening. Monday mornings aren't a whole lot better.

Greg, Amy and the kids were at Wildwood this weekend. They left on Thursday and they're coming back today. Greg sent me a "phone picture" of Matthew playing miniature golf right outside the door of where they're staying and another one of Alex riding a bike on the boardwalk. I love getting pictures of the kids!!

I gave each of Greg's kids $10 to take to the beach to add to their "fun money". Matthew was SO excited! He carried it around - put it in his pocket - took it back out - over and over, running and smiling - so happy. Greg said that at bedtime, Matthew wanted to sleep with the $10. Greg put it in a plastic bag and wrote Matthew's name on the bag and put the bag on Matthew's dresser. The next time Greg looked at the bag (I think he said the next morning), the writing was gone from the bag and Matthew's hands were black from the marker.

Greg asked Matthew how he was going to spend his $10. Greg said that Matthew looked at him like he had 2 heads! "I'm not going to spend it, Daddy", Matthew informed Greg. "Grammie said that it was to take to the beach, so I'm going to take it to the beach and play with it!" Greg tried to explain to Matthew that he was supposed to take the money to the beach to spend, but Matthew wasn't buying it (no pun intended). Greg and I wondered how upset Matthew would be if he DID spend it and then it was gone. I called and left a message on Greg's cell phone - for Matthew. I told him to take the money to the beach and spend it on something fun and that I'm sure he'll get another $10 bill for his birthday. I can hardly wait to talk to Greg and find out if Matthew spent the money. :-)

We missed Richard, Julie and Kate for breakfast this morning. They were up and out at 5:00 this morning for fun in the sun! Our Sunday morning breakfast has become a semi-regular thing and I love it! What a great way to start a Sunday!

We were able to have dinner with them last night at Chili's, though, and that was fantastic! (as usual) As Kate gets around better and as she gets more inquisitive, her "sitting span" is decreasing. She definitely knows what she wants and when she wants to get down, she wants DOWN! She loves to find babies in the restaurant and go visit. She's just so cute! It appears that if I want to continue to have dinner with Julie, Richard, and Kate, I may have to start cooking! Egad! What a thought!!!!

Just the thought of cooking is enough to send me back to the couch! See ya'! :-)

No comments: