Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What's even better than going to the movies?

Well... lunch with Richard, of course!

I had decided to go to the movies this afternoon, so I was headed down Rte. 40, radio playing, sunroof open, better than halfway there, when my cell phone rang and I heard the familiar voice on the other end that always makes me smile...

"You out?" Richard asked and I was sure he meant - "Are you out of work? Out of the complex? Out and about?"

"I am! What are you up to?"

"I'm having a good day and decided to go out to lunch."

"Sounds good to me!" I said, steering my car into the left lane for a U-turn.

"What are YOU up to?" he chuckled.

"I was on my way to the movies, but lunch with you sounds much better. Where do ya' wanna go?"

"That's cool, Mom. If you want to go to the movies, we can do it another time."

"Nah! Let's do lunch!"

Weighing both - going to the movies - and going to lunch with Richard, it's not even close! Lunch with Richard wins every time! That's a decision that's a real no-brainer!

We decided on Grotto's - a Grotto's I hadn't been to before. So, we met at Grotto's - ate outside on this GLORIOUS 75 degree day, solved the problems of the world (most specifically, Big Brother) and just generally had a really nice time.

Time with Richard is time well spent! Always enjoyable. Frequently educational. AND I don't even have to pay him to have lunch with me (most of the time, anyway). How lucky am I???

No comments: