Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Captain Greg!

My morning started with a picture from Greg of Gregory driving their boat on the Delaware River yesterday! HOW could Gregory be old enough to drive a boat!?! And in the picture, he looked SO serious! (Serious is a "good thing" when you're driving a boat, I'd say!)

They got back just in time to miss the rain. Greg took a picture from the boat and it looked like a funnel cloud not too far from them. If I can get the picture downloaded from my phone to my computer, I'll add it here soon.

I'm delighted they have a boat, but I'm a mother/grandmother and I worry!

I remember when my father used to take us for rides in his boat and I loved it! I loved the feel of the wind and the spray of the water. It felt like freedom.

Sometimes, my mother would pack up food to cook at the yacht club and while we rode, she'd cook burgers and potatoes on the grill.

We didn't have a lot of "family time" but the picnics at the yacht club were among the best!

No comments: