Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Grandparent's Day...

... with Bryce at his pre-school. What fun!

Bryce's pre-school celebrated Grandparent's Day by inviting all of the grandparents to come and have snacks with their granchild/grandchildren.

All of the grandparents met in a big room (where Crystal's shower was held) where we sat at long banquet-type tables. The pre-school had prepared a snack buffet with blueberry muffins, cookies, munchkins (Bryce ate 5) and all kinds of goodies.

One of the things that I thought was unusual was that the beverage they provided for the kids was water. I thought it was a great idea, but I don't think I ever saw that before in a pre-school. Usually, they offer juice or milk. What a super way to encourage kids to drink water!

The kids all came in and stood between the two rows of tables where all of the grandparents were seated. The teacher told us a little about herself and then she led the children and grandparents in a prayer. We thanked God for grandparents and grandchildren and for our snack. After the prayer, the kids were allowed to join their grandparents at the tables.

Bryce looked SO cute in his red shorts and football t-shirt! I can't believe how big he's getting! He found me almost as soon as he came in and when the kids were dismissed he came running over to see me. He is just soooo cute!

I saved seats for Vicki and Phil and they came over to sit with Bryce and me. Bryce was SO excited to see them. He talked a million miles an hour - told us about his school and his friends - that he had used scissors - that he liked school and that he liked playing with the kids.

We all walked together to the snack table where Bryce decided that he wanted munchkins. He chose 3 and then went back for second when he had finished the first three. There were TONS of snacks!!!

Bryce made a really cute Grandparent's Day card with his hand print in green paint. There was a little poem inside the card that looked like they had cut it out and pasted it there. The card was supposed to be for the grandparents, BUT Bryce liked his and was not letting it go. So, he took it home. How funny!

When the snacking was over and Bryce was getting ready to leave with Vickie and Phil I gave him a book that I had brought for him ("Put Me In The Zoo" by Robert Lopshire). He was SO excited and he put it in his new bookbag to take home. He saw my car out the window and offered to walk me to my car. I thanked him and told him that we just might find another book in the car.

When we got to the car and I opened the door, Bryce leaned in, wide-eyed, looking around the car for the other book. When I found it ("Dr. Seuss's ABC") he grinned from ear to ear! He took that book, too and put it in his bookbag, too. BUT, as soon as he did, he decided that his bookbag was too heavy to carry and asked "tuff tuff" (Crystal's father) to carry it for him. He DOES make me smile!

All in all, it was a great morning and one that kept me smiling all day!

Thank you, Bryce, for inviting me to Grandparent's Day at your school! It was great!

No comments: