Saturday, September 20, 2008

Happy Birthday to...

me

I've reached the big 6 - 0. I thought this birthday would bother me, but it really didn't. In fact, for the first time in my life, I felt like celebrating this one. Several years ago, I was sure I'd never make it to sixty, so this is quite a milestone for me. I'm so grateful!

Julie was first with a birthday greeting early this morning - by text. Greg called this morning and I asked him to sing - and he DID! How great is THAT! Richard called and he sang, too. I talked to Scott tonight, but noooooo singing. I thought... well... maybe, but nooooooo. Not Scott, but he said he WILL sing tomorrow!!! I WILL watch to make sure!! ;)

Michael offered to take me to dinner at Harry's or someplace "fancy", but I'm kind of in a "money awareness" mode and Harry's just didn't seem to be worth the price today. Maybe this is just a sign of age. Priorities change. What seemed important 5 or 10 years ago, is often not important at all today. Is that wisdom or lack of energy? Hard to tell sometimes! :)

ANYWAY... instead, we decided on Lone Star, so I called Julie and Richard to see if Lone Star would work for them for dinner. It did! Woohoooo! So, it was a great birthday dinner with people that I love - the servers didn't sing. It was just a really good time.

After dinner, we stopped at Julie and Richard's house to pick something up. Michael bought me a new phone the other day. My was broken and I hated it anyway! And I thought that was a terrific birthday present - and VERY generous of him! I should have known better!

When we got to Richard and Julie's, they had a brand new iPod TOUCH! And again, I thought, "Michael has wasted his money, buying this for me. It's way more than I'll ever use or need." But again, I was wrong. I LOVE it and can hardly wait to download a couple of apps! It's SOOO cool! Michael is wonderful to me - more than wonderful!

Richard and Julie are hosting a birthday cookout for me tomorrow at their house. I can hardly wait. Nothing is better for me than family!

Sing it!!!

Happy birthday to me
Happy birthday to me
Happy birthday dear meeeeeeeee
Happy birthday to me!

No comments: