Saturday, September 27, 2008

Dinner with Julie, Richard and Kate...

... kind of.

Quiet day. Michael and I did our Farmer's Market "thing" this morning - then I dropped Michael off at work and dropped off my replacement phone to Richard to bring him back into the present and out of the technological past - then home to put away our "goodies" from the Farmer's Market.

It was one of those days that I didn't go too far from the couch until it was time to pick Michael up from work. We decided to stop at Taverna for pizza on the way home and -

what to our wondering eyes should appear....
but Richard and Julie and of course, Kate dear!

Ok... soooooo anyway....

Jackie and Toni got back from their trip and they all (Richard, Julie, Kate, Jackie and Toni) decided to go to Taverna for dinner. So, since they were there and we were there, what could we do but crash their party????

Actually, they graciously invited us to join them. We ALMOST joined them. We sat at the table right next to them - close enough to talk - and for Kate to examine what was on my plate and choose what she wanted. But not close enough to be smothery. Kate is just so funny!

For some reason, Kate considers anything on my plate as fair game.

"Cuuuumber, nammie!" Kate said, twisting in her high chair to see what kind of goodies I might have.

"Of course, Kate" as I peeled and cut up a piece of cucumber for Kate.

Then of course, there was the cheese on my salad. She got most of that too (I saved a piece for Michael).

Then they brought our pizza.

Kate turned around backwards in her chair.

"Pizzi, nammi. pizzi."

I was way ahead of her, cutting up pizza for her plate and blowing on it to cool it off.

The whole time I was peeling and cutting, I was laughing. How funny! She is SO dear!!!

I mean, really! SO dear!!!

No comments: