Saturday, July 18, 2009

You have eyes just like my daddy!

Dinner with Julie, Richard and 2-year-old Kate (and Michael and Chelsea) at Red Robin tonight. What a great night to sit outside on the patio for dinner.

Kate came to me for a delightfully extended hug after she was finished eating, so we had a little time to talk - just the two of us. I was holding her, both of my arms around her so that she could lean back and talk. (Although she chooses to be right up in my face.) She asked me, "What color are your eyes, Grammie?" Before I could answer, she exclaimed, "You have eyes JUST like my daddy!"

"You're right, Kate. I DO!" I answered, grinning.

"Still looking, she remarked with certainty, "Your eyes are green, Grammie."

Then her pink, sparkly flip-flop fell off and she exclaimed, (again, about an inch from my face) "Grammie, my fllllip-flllllop fell off" with the JUICIEST "llllllll's" I've ever experienced quite that close up.

Of course, just about everything she does makes me laugh, so I wiped the "llllllllll's" off my face, laughing, and assured her that her father would pick up her flip-flop.

She seemed content with that, and so we carried on our conversation (with me still laughing) until it was time for her to give Michael and Chelsea a hug and for all of us to go.

I cherish those little moments with Kate. I run them over and over in my mind, smiling every time. She is soooooooo precious.

Life is VERY good!

No comments: