Thursday, July 16, 2009

Can I go home now?

The bloom is off the rose. Did I say it was good to be back to work???? Truly, I must have lost my mind.

I still love my office. I'm still glad to see J.C., Earnie, Alan, Karuna, Vishala, Lolita and others. And half days are pretty cool, but SURELY I could find something more fun to do in those hours.

I'm reminded that Delaware State Employees are now experiencing a 2.5% pay cut. Disability rules have changed - and not in favor of the employee. Old computers with 512 MB of RAM have to limp along - no money for replacements. Our annual summer picnic was cancelled due to lack of interest. Can you believe it? I'd say morale was low, but I can't find any morale at the moment. I try to always carry some with me - just for emergencies - but I don't have enough to fuel this entire building.

And so, I shut my door and enjoy my own oasis - plug in my iPod - and do my thing.

"You can spend your life thinking
this or that or that or this will happen
but there ain’t nothing like
feeling good about what you’ve got today"

~ Phil Roy ~

No comments: