Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I'm fuuuuuuuuuusing!

Yesterday was my 2nd follow-up appointment at Rothman Institute with Dr. Albert. It's hard to imagine that it's been almost 3 months since my cervical spine surgery and fusion.

The good news is... the bones are fusing, just the way they're supposed to. With Lupus, I guess you just never know. The top one isn't fusing as quickly as the bottom one, but Dr. Albert said that was normal. The top one always takes longer.

I was really concerned about this check-up. If the bones didn't fuse, then another surgery would be necessary to add ANOTHER plate (and more screws) to the other side of my spine for support. I'm SO grateful that doesn't seem to be necessary.

It's now been 12 weeks since I took Methotrexate and I'm doing well. The longer I can stay off of it, the better for the fusion. Since I've been able to stay off the Methotrexate for so long, Dr. Albert wants to know if he can also take credit for curing my Lupus. I wish!! :)

I'm sooooooo grateful!

No comments: