Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Taking Pelham 123

Michael and I went to the movies this afternoon to see "Taking Pelham 123". I would say that if you're bored and don't really have much to do... go see it. Otherwise, rent the original and let this one go.


Now, that's pretty negative for me - the all-time movie lover. But after venting my negative comments, I have to say that I enjoyed it.


I thought Denzel Washington's character and John Travolta's character were both over the top. And it takes a lot for me to say anything about either actor that isn't covered with smiles. James Gandolfini and John Turturro, ono the other hand, were both great!


The car chases, crashing cars, motorcyles speeding through traffic going in the wrong direction - not especially believable.


We had a coupon for a free ticket and one for free popcorn and of course, we had our trusty Regalators for our $1 sodas. So, we had a great time and we're glad we went!


If you see it, let me know what you think.

No comments: