Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Happy Birthday, Gregory!

Gregory is 11 years old today. How can that be?

I remember the night he was born. It was just about 8 o'clock at night and I knew that Greg adn Amy were at the hospital and that the time was near. I was on my way to a bookstore to buy a book to take to the hospital. Greg called and said that Gregory had just been born - Amy was doing great - and to tell me to come to the hospital. I grabbed the book and off I went to the hospital. My first grandchild!

Greg and Amy were so happy! And what a beautiful baby (said Grammie, with no signs of prejudice)!

And now he's 11 years old. No way! *sigh*

We had ice cream cake at Greg and Amy's and watched Gregory open his gifts. It seems that money is the gift of choice for many of us. SO hard to know what he wants and we all figured he would have NO problem deciding how to spend the money.

The best gift, though, was a cell phone! Gregory was SOOOOO excited and of course, we all had to call him and text him and drive him crazy. He was a great sport and answered all of the text messages.

Tomorrow, Amy and the kids are heading to Bethany for a couple of days. Greg has to stay home and work. Sometimes life just doesn't seem fair.

I've been back to work for 2 days and I'm ready for a vacation at Bethany Beach, myself!

ANYWAY...

Happy Birthday, Gregory!

No comments: