Sunday, June 29, 2008

Here comes another one, just like the other one...

... almost. But basically, another quiet day at home.

We had breakfast with Julie, and Richard and Kate at Jimmy's. (I'm still Nammy, by the way - and still lovin' it!)

I got the Belgian waffle with the strawberry topping (so that Kate could "dip). Julie asked me to wait until the end of breakfast to let Kate dip, though. It seems she's becoming more interested in the dip (whether strawberries or catsup) than she is her food. How funny!

When the food came out, Margie (the server) put everyone's plate in front of them and we all started to begin breakfast. Kate was sitting across from me and she just stared at my waffle. Usually, as soon as I get my breakfast, I break up part of my waffle for Kate. Today, Julie was giving Kate eggs, so I decided to wait a bit. But Kate had something else in mind. She stared and stared and stared at my waffle, scooting up in her seat to get a better look. Michael and I had a hard time not laughing. It was obvious that she wanted some. Finally, I asked her "Kate, do you want some of my waffle?". She started to dance in her highchair. She really is adorable! So, of course I gave her some of my waffle, which she was delighted to have - but I waited on the strawberry topping until Julie said it was okay. Sure enough, she dipped a piece or two of waffle into the topping and then she just started eating the topping with her fork. Are the days of "the dip" coming to a close?

Today has been as quiet as yesterday - another day on the couch - me making jewelry while Michael dozed off and on. He didn't sleep as much today, but he didn't seem to have any energy. He looks SO much better today, though, since he's had some rest. I'm glad he had the weekend off!

No comments: