Thursday, June 12, 2008

Escape to the movies

Richard recommended Ironman, sooooo I went yesterday afternoon and saw it. When I go to a movie like that by myself, I spend so much time with my eyes covered that I'm afraid I'm missing integral parts of the movie. I hid for the torture scenes and some of the icky chest scenes, but the rest was pretty cool.

For some reason, I really wasn't expecting a super-hero kind of movie. BUT I did love it! The ending certainly left the door open for sequels. If there are more coming, I'm in.

I DID think the "Pepper Potts" thing was kind of author self-indulgence but it made me smile. Pepper Potts! What kind of a great name is THAT??

That was my GOOD part of the day!

When I got home from work, the house was 80 degrees. The air conditioner seemed to be running but the air was not cool.

SO - I called the air conditioning people and they asked me if the filter was clean or dirty. Off the basement I went to check the filter. The filter was good, so they asked me if the outside unit was running.

Back up the stairs - across the house to the bedroom to check the outside unit. It was NOT running. So next they asked me if the breaker could have been tripped during the storm the night before.

Back down the stairs - across the basement to the very back to the fuse box. Indeed, the breaker for the outside unit had been tripped. One flip of the switch and we were back in business.

But I was exhausted from all the trips back and forth (which took me the better part of a half hour). I set the thermostat, and collapsed on the couch in front of a fan and slept.

It took until almost midnight to cool the house, but it finally did get cool. I'm SO very grateful! The heat has been terrible for the past week! It was nice to have the house cool enough to sleep!

No comments: