Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sometimes lunch is a party...

...like yesterday.

Richard had time for lunch and Michael was off so he was able to come also. When I was leaving work, I told Earnie that I was going to have lunch with Richard and she was free, so I dragged her along, too.

So off we went to Red Robin for a burger fiesta. Well, Michael and I had a burger fiesta. Richard and Earnie had a chicken and shrimp fiesta. ANYWAY... the point is - it was fun!

Greg sent me videos last night of Matthew running through the sprinkler performing the dreaded "double spin" technique. What a treat! Maybe I'll work on that technique and join him next summer. Wouldn't that be FUN????

Today is supposed to be the end of a 3 day heat wave of 97 and 98 degrees. It's supposed to be WAY cooler - like 89. *sigh* WAY cooler for me is 50!

BUT, it was 72 this morning when I left for work. I had the sunroof open and the stereo blasting, driving down I-495. I have to say that I had a hard time steering the car onto the highway. It was fighting me - trying to pass the Interstate entrance and go instead, to Fox Point park. What a glorious morning to sit and watch the ships on the river! But nooooo! Instead, I'm here at work, stuck inside a room with no windows, pretending that the fan is a breeze off the water.

"The world is but a canvas to the imagination."
~Henry David Thoreau~

Well said, Henry! :)

No comments: