Saturday, June 21, 2008

Scott and Bryce and everything nice...

... but no Crystal. Sometimes life is wonderful, even when it's not perfect!

Scott and Bryce were up for a BLT (and egg) sandwich brunch - c0mplete with corn-on-the-cob and chips. Bryce was not sandwich oriented but he was delighted with the menu and SO excited to see corn-on-the-cob. And EGGS!!!! I think he must have eaten 6!

What a treat to have them both! We missed Crystal, but sometimes time just gets "crunched" and it's not possible to do everything.

Bryce was DARLING - and sooooo good! He came with a "fresh today" haircut that was really cute and with a BIG smile! He's always color-coordinated from head to toe. When Richard, Greg, and Scott were that age, I bought their summer outfits (the ones I didn't make) at Grants, a five-and-ten-cent-store down the street from where we used to live. Either that or at the grocery store, believe it or not. But they DID look cute (most of the time). :)

We played with the cars on the wooden track from Lancaster. All the kids have enjoyed that track, but I think Bryce has enjoyed it the most. And of course, he loves the old trucks. We also threw around a little inflatable football. I was better at throwing than catching. SO funny!

On one catch, Scott tried to keep the ball, so when Bryce finally got it back, Scott was no longer included in the "catch". Bryce did NOT want Scott to get the ball. Burn me once...

We had a great visit! Scott helped me get all of the dishes to the kitchen and then I washed them all so that Michael wouldn't have to be faced with them when he got home (even though he DID tell me that I never have to do another dish in my life).

I hated to see Scott and Bryce go, but they were off to Greg's and I was off to the couch where I slept for the next 2 1/2 hours. My energy seems to be in short supply these days. :(

It was a FANTASTIC day! :)

No comments: