Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

"You don't have to deserve your mother's love. You have to deserve your father's. He's more particular."
~ Robert Frost~

So for Father's Day I went to Levittown and took my dad out to breakfast at the Dallas. We took our time - sat and talked for awhile - then went back to his office where I gave him his Father's Day gift (3 golf shirts) and we sat and talked some more.

He'll be 85 in November. How fantastic that he still plays golf, goes bowling and runs to Atlantic City for the day with friends. And he takes no medication. I'm grateful that he's so healthy!

Richard and Julie and Kate went out for breakfast and just stayed home and enjoyed each other. Scott and Crystal and Bryce went to Lancaster for the day. I don't know yet what Greg did, but I'm sure he enjoyed his boys!

Michael got an e-card from Chelsea and a "Happy Father's Day" phone call. Calen also called to wish his dad a Happy Father's Day. Michael was beyond happy! His life had a huge hole in it when his kids weren't in contact. This is SO much better - for all of them!

And of course, I thought about Rich today and the years - the tears - and all of the joy raising 3 sons who have grown into wonderful, loving, kind fathers.

We have been blessed beyond measure!

No comments: