Monday, September 26, 2011

The Quicker Hanger Upper

That's me!

First of all let me say that I love my kids and I love getting to connect with them by phone.  It's one of the things in my life that brings me great joy.

Part of that for me is respecting the busy-ness of their lives and the importance of their families.  SO!  When one of the guys tells me... "Hey!  _____  is calling.  Can I call you back?"   My answer is always a quick...
"Sure-love you-bye" - with a smile.  (Hanging up is one of the few things in my life that I can do with break-neck speed)

Richard and I had a discussion once (okay.. more than once - and always with a few chuckles) about managing expectations.  We joke about it but maybe managing our own expectations is a way to find gratitude in our lives.

I expect to talk to my "kids" via phone - not on any schedule - not with any time expectations (sometimes a 15 second call says it all) - not even always by voice (text messages are great-although nothing is as good as hearing their voices).  When I do hear from them, I am grateful.  It makes me smile - makes my day.

Of all the things in the world that bring me joy, my kids (and grandkids)  are THE biggest joy in my life.

I am grateful!!!

What are you grateful for today???

* * * * * * * * * * *

No comments: