Tuesday, September 27, 2011

It doesn't matter where you start...

      ... as long as you start.

That's my new(est) theory.

When I look at my house and all that needs to be done, I'm completely overwhelmed and I do... you guessed it... nuttin'.

So!  I'm gonna "chunk it" - take it apart in pieces that I can handle and do it as I am able.  The little bedroom (otherwise known as Richard's old room) is where I'm going to start.

A couple of months ago I got one of those "hurry-you-can't-miss-this-sale-or-you'll-regert-it-for-the-rest-of-your-life" emails from Pottery Barn.  As much as I LOVE the goodies from Pottery Barn, they are not generally in my price range.  BUT... they had this rug - only two sizes left - and it was waaaaaaay cheap if you happened to be able to use one of those sizes.  Wonder of wonders... I could!  So I bought it!

As much as I say I'm tired of red and green and blue, all of my designing travels seem to land me on red. This rug was no exception - red, blue, and kind of oatmeal. (picture below)


It seemed bright and light and cheery and so, I ordered it.  While it looks all cherry red in the picture (and the little stripe looked gray even though the description said blue), when the rug came, the red was more of a coral and the blue is kind of teal.

At first I was disappointed, but the more I looked at it, the more I liked it.  It was a departure for me, which is a good thing.  The colors are soft and I think it's going to be great!

A.J. Farley is coming tonight to talk about paint colors. Talking to A.J. about paint colors is fun!  He's been painting for quite a while now and he really enjoys what he does and all that he's learned about color from the designers he's been working with.  I'm excited!

I'll keep you posted!

Did you ever buy anything that turned out to be different - but better - than what you thought you were buying??

* * * * * * * * * * *

No comments: