Thursday, September 15, 2011

Convenience is Overrated


TD Bank is no longer my friend. 

I can take a lot - bad customer service - belligerent bank managers - incompetent bank clerks - but when you add ATM fees on top of all that, I'm gone ----------------->  whoooooooosh

When free ATM's were really free, I hung in there with customer service agents who giggled and said.. "I can't tell what that charge is on your account.  It's just letters."  Seriously??

Or when Michael tried to make a deposit and the bank manager told him that I had to sign his paycheck if he wanted to put any of this check in my account.  After a 10 minute debate, Michael gave up and went a mile down the road to another branch of the same bank where they were more than happy to make  his deposit. (By the way... it's called a split deposit.)

Or... or... or.... 

Oh! I could give you a list of incompetencies, but hey!   The bank was open awesome hours and they offered free ATM's.  (And the green ATM cards were cute)

But now I'm being a diligent consumer, making mature decisions based on financial... um... stuff.  

.... and that means saying farewell to ol' TD Bank.

And although my new bank is in actuality a rickety old bank, they thank me for coming AND they have a drive-thru ATM.  (I barely have to slow down!)

Are you friends with your bank?

* * * * * * * * * * *


No comments: