Thursday, September 8, 2011

Color me stressed!


I'm trying to refinance my house.  Ok.. no big deal, I thought!  Riiiiiiiight!

The last time I refinanced, I used the lender that already held the mortgage so the hassle was minimal.  This time?  Geez!   I need to take a 2-week vacation just to fill out the paperwork.

AND THEN... there's the appraisal!   With house prices continuing to take a nose dive, I have NO idea what the appraisal will say my house is worth.  AND... there is a certain number that we need to see, or the whole deal is off.

So I looked around the house and thought.... CRAP!  (well.. I kinda thought "crap")

It occurred to me that I really couldn't afford to have a house with "issues" for this appraisal.  I won't go into the exact extent of the issues, but I enlisted Richard's help and he kindly gave up 2 very long nights to help prepare for the appraisal.

He's also going through this process.  (In fact, it's HIS fault I'm doing this too.)  ANYWAY... I really appreciated his time considering he was trying to do the same thing at his house at the same time.   What a week!

I think it will be about a week until we hear the results of the audit.  I'll be back to either whine and rationalize or to celebrate.  We'll see which next week!

Thanks, Richard!!

* * * * * * * * * * *

No comments: