Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Toe tapping with Matt

I've had a partially used gift card from Barnes and Noble for quite a while. I decided on Sunday to go spend it! I bought a great "jewelry" book with some challenging projects AND we brought Matt Nathanson home with us.

I wanted a Matt Nathanson CD, and the title of this one is "Some Mad Hope". Could I pass that up? No way! AND... I love it! I tend to play new CD's to death - and this is no exception. (by the way, Michael noticed that Matt dislikes the F major and B minor chords as much as I do)

I also got a James Taylor CD - "More Covers". I don't think Michael likes it any more than he did "Covers", but hey! It's J.T.!!! You know how they're always saying on American Idol - "You could sing the phone book"? WELL! I could listen to James Taylor sing the phone book. (Michael, in fact, might prefer it to these two CD's) But... NEVER do I allow a disparaging remark about ol' J.T.! Michael will just have to suffer in silence (like THATS likely!)!

Yesterday, we had lunch at Red Lobster with Richard - a great start to the week and a treat always. He's been working his a** off putting up a new fence to enlarge Kate's play area. I'll post a picture when he's finished. I mean, it might not be the most exciting picture - it's a fence, after all, but I think whatever my kids accomplish is beyond wonderful. (Color me "mom")

Today I'm going to start new curtains for the den/TV room. Michael fixed my sewing machine and I'm REALLY excited!!!! I've been living in a world of dark, primary colors - solids and plaids - for as long as I can remember. I'm ready for a change - some flowers - lighter colors. We'll see how I do wrestling the fabric! ::::flexing:::: A picture? You want a picture when I'm done? How nice of you! Of COURSE, I'll post a picture when I'm finished!

Well... time to get moving! Have a super fantastic day!

Peace... out!

No comments: