Monday, June 8, 2009

Breakfast for Dinner

Julie, Richard and Kate came tonight for breakfast for dinner! As good as breakfast tastes in the morning, sometimes it tastes even better at night. Julie said she had never had breakfast for dinner before. I'm glad we could add to her life experiences. :)

When the kids were growing up, they always thought breakfast at night was a treat. Ahhhh! I could go on about how simple life was in the olden days, but I'll spare you! (You're welcome)

Our menu? French toast (Wheat or Cinnamon Walnut Raisin), bacon and of course, scrambled eggs. We had grapefruit juice, orange juice, milk - the usual.

Kate is an egg eater, for sure. She had a little french toast, but the eggs held the most appeal for her. Every time I see her, I think she couldn't possibly get any cuter - and then she does!

I don't know if I mentioned this before, but I bought my first baby doll (EVER in my life) about a year or so ago - for Kate. Being inexperienced in these things, it didn't occur to me that the baby needed a bed (Duh!). So we grabbed a shoebox and voila! The baby had a bed! BUT... geez... it looked more like a coffin to me than a bed.

Soooooo... a couple weeks ago, we were going by a local antique store and Michael spotted THE cutest doll cradle. We pulled over to the curb to look and the shop owner came out to say "hi". (she sees us there all the time - we are great curb shoppers). The cradle was in great shape so after a brief negotiation, the cradle was in our back seat and on it's way to our house. I was SO excited that the baby didn't have to sleep in a coffin anymore!

ANYWAY... when Julie and Kate arrived tonight, Kate walked in the door and commented IMMEDIATELY that the baby has a new bed. YES!!!! The child doesn't miss ANYTHING!

Thankfully, she didn't ask for the coffin back (known to Kate as the "old bed"), so I'm hoping the new baby-bed was a winner!

Oh! Life is SO good!

No comments: