Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Birthday, Muz!

Born in 1925, my mother would have been 86 today.  I can't imagine her at 86.  I wonder if we would still be speaking?????

Richard said that she would still be a "pisser" at 86.  He is sooooo right! 

She was THE most bull-headed person I've ever known in my life!  And... a troublemaker.  Oh yes!  She was a troublemaker!  I'd like to tell you that it was not intentional, but it was.  I think it must have been a family trait.  My Aunt Ginny had the same gene.  Together they were downright scary!!

Muz loved to watch Rich defend me and so she attacked me as often as possible just to enjoy his reaction.  Rich was not so amused, but it was one of my mother's favorite pasttimes. 

She was a character! Truly.

She traveled to New Jersey every day to work.  On the toll bridge, she loved tossing her token into the basket and then speeding off in her yellow Chrysler convertible (with the top down) to beat the "go" light and set the alarm off. 

In the summer, when it was hot, she would stop at the vending machine at work on her way home and grab a cold can of coke for the toll taker on the bridge.  Penance?  Nah.  She lived her life without apologies.

The top on that convertible was rarely up - even in the rain.  There were always small trees growing out of the carpet in the back seat.  My mother parked under the tree and the seeds fell from the tree into the carpet and were well watered by the rain. 

No one else I ever knew had trees growing in their back seat.  I loved those trees!

Ahhhh!  Memories!

Happy birthday, Muz!!!

No comments: