Monday, March 7, 2011

Celebrating...

...Rich!

Today is Rich's birthday.  He would have been 63 today (and I would have commented - several times - that he was a year older than me). 

I think of him at some point every day, but today especially. 

I know that he is so very proud of our children (yes, you can still be a child in your 30's) - our grandchildren - our daughters-in-law (he did enjoy "the girls").

I try to remember on days like this... that the Bible promises us no more pain or sorrow in heaven.  It keeps me from wondering how he doesn't miss us - why he isn't sad not to be with us. 

I Corinthians 13:12 says...
"Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known."

I know that Rich has no pain... no sorrow... only joy. Because now he knows - even as he has always been known.  He also knows the meaning of "eternity" that we can only imagine.  In the scope of eternity, this life is less than an eye blink - a concept that I understand in my head - and someday will understand completely. 

I am grateful for his life.

Happy birthday, Rich!  

No comments: