Monday, March 14, 2011

Dog Sitters R Us

Richard, Julie, Kate and Brynn have been in Florida since last week - visiting Julie's parents - - - - - without Molly.

Molly came to spend her vacation with Michael and me.  I was a little hesitant to agree to keeping her.  The last time she stayed with us, it was a disaster, BUT with optimistic hopes for a different outcome, I agreed to have my grand-dog come for a visit.  I mean really... what kind of grandmother would I be if I didn't give it one more try?

She was as good this trip as she was bad, the last. (Except for Saturday and we just won't go there!) 

I brought her home on Wednesday morning (EARLY Wednesday morning), after taking Richard, Julie, Kate and Brynn to the airport.  Michael was off on Wednesday, so Molly had a buddy all day, which delighted her (Michael was not as delighted, but he was a good sport). 

I am amazed at her memory.  Not surprisingly, I think she's a genius-dog.  She remembered "her spot" in bed... "her spot"... on the couch (although we did have a couple of disagreements about that.  She preferred my spot.) 

She disappeared on Wednesday night (in the house) which makes me nervous since she left us so many 'gifts' the last time she stayed with us.   finally found her... all curled up in our bed.  She lifted her head when I came in and looked at me as if to say... "What????"

ANYWAY... we snuggled...we played ball... we snuggled... we played with the kong... we snuggled.  I tried to work on the computer but Molly wanted to.... you guessed it... snuggle.

We ran a couple of errands and took Molly with us in the car.   All in all, she was pretty spoiled this week.

I'm sure she'll be SO happy to be back with her family this afternoon, and I will enjoy having the couch all to myself.  But I will miss my little snuggle buddy.

Sweet, sweet, Molly!

P.S.  Since we had such a great time while Molly was here, I decided to add a post about our week together. 

No comments: