Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Extraordinary Measures


I took the afternoon off today and Michael and I went to the movies to see Extraordinary Measures with Brendan Fraser, Harrison Ford, and Keri Russell.

This is the true story of John Crowley and his race against time to find a cure for his children who have Pompe disease. 

I won't tell you all about the disease. You'll get the message when you go see the movie.  (And you SHOULD see the movie.) 

ANYWAY... the real John Crowley is better looking than Brendan Fraser.  I'd have cast him as himself.  They didn't ask me, though.  What's up with that??

And Harrison Ford? I think he rations himself 3 smiles per movie - two crooked half smiles and one "throw-your-head-back-and-smile" smile. 

So... yeah.  You should go. If you have children, you will really feel this one. 

If the movie isn't enough for you or if it leaves you thinking... "Hmmm I wonder what the Crowley's are up to now", the Crowley's have a website that tells you what they're up to.  And of course, I DO have the URL:  The Crowley Family

And if THAT isn't enough... John (with some help) has written a book. You can find it at Amazon (among other places, I'm sure):  Chasing Miracles

(I mean... really... is this thorough or what???)

So... go see it.  It's a 4 GO movie.  Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

Gina said...

I am just loving your blog, Jane! So much information about so many topics! You always were such a movie buff!

jane said...

Gina... I just love to ramble, I think. And I decided that to do it in a blog would annoy less people! I'm so glad to see you here! I feel less like I'm talking to myself! ;)