Friday, February 12, 2010

Celebration Dinner

And what were we celebrating, you ask??? Well.... helllooooooooo!  We were celebrating hot water!  Duh!


Amy, Greg, Gregory, Alex, Matthew, Michael and I descended on Mazzella's last night for a well-earned "thank you" dinner. (Okay... I know I said it was a celebration dinner, but maybe it was a combo "celebration - thank you" dinner. Semantics! Semantics!

ANYWAY... I must say, Amy did NOT look like a woman who's been stuck in the house for two weeks with three kids - the first week with sick kids - and then when the kids got better - snowed in for the second week. Her hair was all fluffy and pretty and when I looked in her eyes to see if she had cracked under the strain... all I saw was calm, clear sanity.  I was DEFINITELY impressed! 

One of the highlights of the evening for me was watching Gregory try Amy's Chicken Piccata.  Gregory is a very fussy eater - almost as fussy as... say... me.  It wasn't his favorite and he ended up enjoying Mazzella's super-fantastic pizza, but he tried it.  Impressive!

AND... Gregory was wearing blue jeans last night instead of sweatpants.  He looked GREAT!  He's growing up soooo fast!  (Oh man!  Did I just sound like an old geezer or what???)

Wait 'til you hear this one!  Yesterday Greg asked the kids if they wanted to go to the movies.  Gregory and Alex were excited, but Matthew answered, "No. I want to go to Grammie's." Awwwwww  How sweet is THAT?!?!

Alex was his usual sweet self.  Alex is my card playing buddy.  I got a few new card games at Christmas so that when Alex comes to my house, we'll have something new to try.  Shortly after Christmas we tried one game, but I had to keep stopping to read the instructions.  Alex waited patiently and then finally said... "Grammie, why don't you take some time and figure this out and the next time I come, we'll try it again."  I wasn't watching, but I'm SURE he was rolling his eyes.

It was fun to get together after these back-to-back snow storms.  I couldn't help but notice everyone's positive attitude.  We do take so much for granted - electric, hot water, dinners out, each other.  Being snowed in changes your perspective - makes you a little more grateful for EVERYTHING. 

Life IS good!  :)

No comments: