Sunday, August 3, 2008

Breakfast at Tiffany's!

Okay... Jimmy's - not Tiffany's. And for the record, I'd rather have breakfast at Jimmy's than Tiffany's anyway. (She said, trying to convince herself.)

Actually, I would. Tiffany's is about "things". Jimmy's is about people. No contest! (But that's because I'm old and wise!) ;)

Today in addition to our semi-regular breakfast with Kate, Julie and Richard - Greg, Alex and Matthew joined us! What a wonderful way to start the day (and week)!

Matthew sat next to me and ate up a storm. In fact, after they served him French Toast and bacon, he reached over and TRIED to help himself to one of my sausage links. Being the kind, generous grandmother that I am, I ripped it out of his hand and took it back, but in the end, he ended up with it. I couldn't believe how much he ate! I think he ate more than Greg this morning! Did I mention that he came in his pajamas? Oh! I do love that about Greg! Priorities!

Speaking of Greg, Richard tried to bully Greg into eating more, but for a change, it didn't work. I don't think I ever saw any of them turn down a challenge from one his brothers. What's up with THAT???

Alex was at the far end of the table from me, so it was a little harder to keep up with what was going on with him (it's my job to kind of watch what all of the kids are doing). He's growing his hair in, but Greg's threatening a haircut or at least a trim. I vote for a trim. (didn't know I had a vote, did you??) He has the most beautiful thick black hair! He obviously gets the texture of his hair from Amy. She has the same, gorgeous, thick hair, except that hers is blonde.

And speaking of Amy, she and Gregory stayed home this morning. Gregory had a case of "I'm-10-and-I-don't-move-very-quickly-in-the-morning". Amy had to stand by her computer awaiting strike news for Verizon. I hope for everyone's sake, Verizon doesn't go out on strike.

Speaking of strikes - hmmm that's going nowhere! Soooo... on to Kate!

I didn't get a waffle this morning, but I did get pancakes (with the fruity topping stuff on the side). Kate stared at me the whole time I ate. Every now and then she'd point and offer a questioning "dip?", but Julie was hard-core and told me we couldn't play "dip" until Kate had finished her breakfast. What in the world would Kate do if I ordered eggs?????? I don't know if I could. She COUNTS on the fruity stuff (which, incidentally, makes a HUGE mess!)!

Richard and Julie were great, as always! This is the first time we've had breakfast with them since they were on vacation. It's a wonder Jimmy's stayed open while they were away!

No comments: