Monday, March 8, 2010

Peking Acrobats

Months ago, Ellen, from the Keswick, suggested that my family might enjoy the Peking Acrobats.  I had never seen them - had no idea who they were - or what they did, but if Ellen said they were good... they were good!  So, I bought 13 tickets for the whole gang.  Thank you, Ellen!  It was GREAT!  We had terrific seats and we had so much fun!! 

There were several of these "Lions" - just fascinating!!!!

This had to be done right on the edge of the stage to
avoid the curtains and valance.  He was soooooo high!!

This one was done by the women.  We were amazed!

Does anyone remember Ed Sullivan?  I think that's the
first time I ever saw anyone spin plates.  These women
performed all kinds of flexibility stunts while spinning
the plates at the same time. 

Balance and grace!

This one I wanted to get especially for my 2nd cousin, Zoë.
This woman was en pointe on top of that guy's head!

I've never seen anyone as flexible as these women were!

Flexible AND strong!!!!

Speaking of strong!  These guys were beyond strong!
The man in the center was hanging by his feet.

And again... incredibly strong!!!!

The women were spinning small, round cloths
while doing all kinds of contortions.

We were sitting next to Julie, Richard, and Kate and behind Greg and his kids.  Michael took the one below of Kate and her Uncle Greg.


And... a GREAT time was had by all!

No comments: