Thursday, March 18, 2010

Avatar


That's it! I know!  I know!  I KNOW!

Everybody's favorite picture and I give it 3 Go's. 

I was impressed with the technology.  But otherwise... not so much. AND I thought it was at least a half hour too long.

About that time thing... I didn't see it in 3D. I was too late for that.  So I get it that if I had seen it in 3D, I probably wouldn't have thought it was too long.  But I didn't see it in 3D and it was too long.

The big war at the end???  Really!  This is THE movie with a message (I also felt "preached to") and that war kind of blew the whole thing for me.  Maybe because I was expecting something more peaceful.  Silly me!

Was the message that the side with the most guys is the side that will win? I don't know. I just got so many mixed messages.  Maybe my brain was cross-wired that day. I think there are days that's true. 

Maybe there was just too much hype.  A mild case of "The Emperor's New Clothes"?  I'm not sure what bothed me, but something did. 

If you haven't seen it yet... go... but only because it's such a "thing" this year. 

As Scott would say... "It sure wasn't Rocky".

No comments: