Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown



Wow!  Dan Brown has surely mastered the art of the "page turner".  Every time I put the book down to take a break, I changed my mind within 15 seconds and picked it back up again. 

I read "Angels and Demons" and "The DaVinci Code" and loved them both, but I think I liked this one even more.  That could be because my reading tends to be 'in the moment' and I love whatever I'm reading at the time.  But... maybe not. 

I thought the violence was extreme, but... well... I get it.  It's that kind of book.  Still, I know that when the movie comes out (there WILL be a movie, right?) I'll be sitting there with my eyes covered.   I'll have to take someone with me to let me know when it's okay to look.  (Richard... are you in?)

The twist almost knocked me off the couch.  Maybe I should have seen it coming, but I didn't.  From that point on, there was not even a pretense of putting the book down before I was finished.  I had to get to the end!!!

Did you read it?  What did you think?

I'm giving it 5 "Good Reads"!!  Definitely... if you haven't read it already... read it!


* * * * * * * * * * *

No comments: