Thursday, July 15, 2010

Colors!

I've had the same colors in my house for about 20 years - jewel tones - deep red - deep emerald green - deep sapphire blue - plaids, stripes, solids. 

I'm ready for a "do-over" and I've been looking at colors.  I wanted to do something lighter, but my room is dark, so I read that I should probably do something warm. What to do!  What to do!

I tend toward blues and greens - beachy colors - or so I think when I'm trying to analyze what I like. 

But then... I have a red Tiffany-style stained glass lamp in my kitchen that I love and really don't want to get rid of.  And... there's that red shelfy-boxy thing that hangs on my dining room wall I bought it almost 13 years ago when I went to visit my friend, Linda, in Oregon. 

So, I'm back to red.  But I don't want to repeat what I have - and around and around I go. 

This week, we got a sale catalogue from Lands End and while browsing through the "Home" section, I saw a comforter and pillow shams that just grabbed me.  What color?  Well, red, of course!  *sigh*

But this was red flowers with tan, white and cream.  I fell in love with it.  I'm not sure that particular print is "it", but the colors are wonderful.  And I can keep my red hanging lamp (but move it to the living room). And I can keep my red shelfy-boxy thing.


I can see a tan sofa (I think) with pretty pillows - maybe a red print chair.  Where do I go from there?  What color walls?  I wanted some color on the walls - maybe white (not bright white) trim.  The walls are now almost white - with tan trim.  I was really thinking more color, but now I'm stuck. 

Any suggestions??

No comments: