Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I Click

... or rather, I "clink" - like the sound of a piece of flatware gently tapped on the side of a glass. 

Of course, no one can hear this "clink" except me.  The "clink" comes from inside my neck.  (No... not like a voice inside my head.  It's a "clink" - in my neck)

Sounds suspicious, eh?  You're wondering what other noises I might be hearing, right?

Turns out... this "clink" really is legitimate!  I went to the surgeon today (Dr. Todd Albert) who did the spinal fusion in my neck about a year ago - just a check up.  (and apparently I'm going great - just fusing and fusing).

I cautiously asked the doctor about the said "clink" and he never flinched.  He showed me on the x-ray what is causing the clink - where it comes from.  I have to admit there was a part of me that was just plain delighted that he was right on board.  I think I half expected him to narrow his eyes... look at me strangely, and say slowly.... "a clinnnnk???"

Whew!

No comments: