Thursday, May 13, 2010

Have A Little Faith - Mitch Albom


Well, I just finished reading "Have A Little Faith" by Mitch Albom and I loved it!

I love the way Mr. Albom writes.  There is a flow and rhythm to his writing that makes me hate to put the book down.

"Tuesdays With Morrie" is still my favorite Mitch Albom book (didn't like "The Five People You Meet In Heaven") but this one was very good.

I think one of the things I like best about this story (like Morrie) is that it's true. People are amazing - just the way they are.   Two men - of different generations - of different faiths - of different backgrounds - yet how very much alike they were!

The initial point of the book was that Mitch's Rabii asked him to provide the eulogy at the Rabii's eventual funeral.  So, of course, the eulogy was at the end of the book.  But... after all that... it was just okay.  The epilogue was by far better than the eulogy, but maybe that's just because it's always hard to live up to the hype - and the whole book was preparation for the eulogy. 

I don't want to give too much away. I would recommend this one strongly - 4 Good Reads!


* * * * * * * * * * *

No comments: