Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

I'd love to have something clever or profound to say today, but I'm not nearly clever enough or profound enough to express what it feels like to be a mother.  For me, being a mother has been the greatest gift of my life. 

Since I find myself lost for words today, I'll share with you some of the things that I found and enjoyed that others have said about mothers - being mothers - having mothers.

And he asked her "Which of your children to you feel the closest to?"
She paused and then answered, "The one who is hurting the most."
~Unknown~


Sweater, n.: garment worn by child when its mother is feeling chilly.
~Ambrose Bierce~


My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune.
~Graycie Harmon~ 
 
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks.
~Carrie Latet~


I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.
~Abraham Lincoln~

A mother understands what a child does not say.
~Jewish proverb~

I never knew how much love my heart could hold until someone called me "mommy."
~Author Unknown~

If at first you don't succeed, do it the way your mother told you to.
~Author Unknown~

Mother's love grows by giving.
~Charles Lamb~

The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.
~Honoré de Balzac~


And for my children... today and always...

"If I could reach up and hold a star for every time you've made me smile, the entire evening sky would be in the palm of my hand."
~Unknown~

Today and every day, I love you - beyond words!


mom


No comments: