Friday, November 27, 2009

I may never eat again!

Breakfast was fun yesterday and there was certainly more than enough to eat.  We had:
Pancakes
Scrambled Eggs
Bacon
Sausage
Toast
English Muffins
Fruit Salad
Cranberry Nut Ring
Apple Cider
Orange Juice
Grapefruit Juice

I was SO full!   We went to Richard & Julie's for dinner.  I told Michael on the way over that I didn't know if I could eat a thing. I was still full from breakfast.  BUT, of course everything smelled wonderful and so I had a little turkey - a ltitle ham - had to have some mashed potatoes - then there was corn - and dinner rolls - and finally caramel apple pie for dessert.  TOO full!  But it was sooooooo good!

My father and  brother went to Richard & Julie's for dinner.  Jimmy LOVED Julie's green bean casserole.  I don't think that Jimmy gets many home-cooked meals and this one was fantastic!   He really seemed to enjoy it! 

Julie's Thanksgiving table was beautiful.  She even had butter shaped like a turkey. 

Kate was wound up and ran laps through the livingroom, dining room, kitchen and hallway.  I think she must have run a half mile.  Those little legs just kept pumping and pumping and every time she ran through the living room she was laughing.  Several times I thought she was headed for a diningroom table crash, but she managed to maneuver around it every time.  She looked adorable in her Thanksgiving shirt/dress that matched Julie's.  Richard didn't have one, but he looked good, too.  ;)

From Richard & Julie's, we went to Greg & Amy's to visit.  Greg made apple cobbler, so of COURSE we had to have some (with a little vanilla ice cream).

Greg & Amy's house is always full of family - lots of kids.  We didn't get there in time to see Amy's table, but it always looks wonderful. 

Greg invited us back for leftover dinner tonight, but I don't know if I'll eat anything today.  I'm still full from yesterday!  So much good food!  (and even better company)

The food is great, but the best part of Thanksgiving for me, is family.

One more year of memories - one more year to share in the lives of my children - one more year to be grateful.

No comments: