Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tappin' it up



Although I'm not a fan of Mexican food, I am a fan of Kate's so when Richard and Julie invited me to go to dinner with them (or have a coke if nothing looked edible to me) at El Tapatio, I was in!
Our server was Oscar - obviously a favorite and another "Kate fan". 

"Hola, Kate" (Oscar ALMOST smiled)  "What would you like?"

When Kate looked up at Oscar to order, she and Oscar were strictly business.  Julie, Richard and I were grinning. I mean, really! How cool is it to watch a 2 year old order dinner at a Mexican restaurant?

"I'd like a quesadilla and rice, please. And apple juice."   (She knows her stuff.)

Oscar fed back "por favor" and the spanish for Apple Juice (manzana jugo?) to Kate.  I thought it was great that Oscar was trying to help expand Kate's Spanish vocabulary.  He obviously thinks her Spanish is as cute as we do.  :)

Kate was "throwing down" her quesadilla and looking across the table at Richard's dinner. He smiled in expectation.

Daddy, could I have some of your enchiwada?"   (Just close enough to enchilada to make me smile, big time.)

Daddy of course complied willingly.  As a matter of fact, I think he counts on sharing.  I'm not so sure he'd think it was as cute if anyone else wanted some of his enchiwada, but Kate can have just about anything she wants.  The man is putty!

ANYWAY... I had a great time!  I even found a salad that I liked.  The company was the draw, though.  I'm in any time Kate wants to "Tap it up".

No comments: