Monday, November 23, 2009

Color me tired! (but happy)

Gregory, Alex and Matthew didn't have school this week and I took a couple of vacation days, sooooooo the kids came to visit me for the day today.

They beat me at "Go Fish".  They beat me at "War".  I guess as they get older, there will be more and more ways they can beat me.  :)

Remember the commercial that said.. "Give to Mikey. He'll eat anything."?   Well, today Matthew was Mikey.  We had donuts for breakfast.  When Alex and Gregory were full, they each gave Matthew the last half of the donuts they were eating.   No one asked Matthew.  It was just assumed that Matthew would eat the donuts - and Matthew DID! 

We went to lunch at Mazzella's for pizza.  Matthew and Alex each ate a half of a pizza.  Michael and Gregory and I split the other one.  Alex was in the mood for sausage on his pizza for a change, so we got a pizza with sausage on it.  Sausage and onions are my favorite toppings, so I was more than happy to comply.

Michael and I took the kids home at about 4:30 (I think).   They wanted us to see them play Rock Band with the Beatles.  It was sooooooo cool!   When they started, Gregory played guitar, Alex played drums and Matthew played bass.  I was amazed!  They were REALLY good!   Alex was extraordinary on the drums - playing on "hard" - scoring 95% - 99%.   Gregory did a super job on the guitar, too. Matthew was terrific on the bass.  He wanted to play guitar next, but I have to say - he moves like a bass player.

Gregory and Alex quit and Greg played guitar while Matthew played drums.  It was great to be able to watch them play.  Fun!

We had a terrific day!  Or at least, I did.  I'll sleep well tonight for sure!!

No comments: