Saturday, April 18, 2009

What a Day!

Greg took today off to stay home with the kids on their last day of spring vacation, but of course, they didn't stay home.


The kids wanted to go to Wildwood for lunch and we were invited, so...... we went to Wildwood for the day. Amy decided at the last minute, to take off, too, so Amy, Greg, Gregory, Alex, Matthew, Michael and I all went to the shore. I don't think I'd been to Wildwood in about 30 years. It's changed soooooo much!


The kids were really excited, but I don't think they were nearly as excited as I was! Michael loaded up the scooter so I could cruise the boardwalk. I saw all their favorite things to do. We were a day early for the rides. Everything was scheduled to open on the 18th, but we still had a great time!


Matthew is like a perpetual motion machine. He reminds me so much of Greg when Greg was little. Gregory and Matthew were so good do me - giving me lots of hugs up and down the boardwalk. We had pizza for lunch and soft ice cream on the boardwalk for dessert.


While the "kids" (Gregory, Alex, Matthew and GREG) played games on the boardwalk, Amy stayed with Michael and me and we got to have time to enjoy Amy by herself - not something we get a chance to do very often.


The weather was beautiful - sunny - so nice. The best part was watching them all together as a family. Those stolen days are always the best ones.


Michael and I left in the early afternoon, so that we'd have time to get home and rest for an hour before we headed to Philadelphia to World Cafe Live to see Bronze Radio Return. Greg, Amy and the kids walked us to the street where we parked and they were off to the other end of the boardwalk to see what was opened there.


We had a nice ride home, collapsed on the couch for an hour, and then we were off to Philadelphia to the concert which was fantastic! Bronze Radio Return played upstairs rather than downstairs, so the crowd was small but enthusiastic. They may be back in July. If so, we'll surely go.







All in all... a wonderful, wonderful day!


My life is full of wonderful memories of days like this! I'm so very grateful!

No comments: