Thursday, April 23, 2009

Life is...

... good! There have been times in the last 10 days that "life is" was enough.

Long story short - I had surgery on Monday to remove 2 herniated discs from my neck and to fuse my spine in those places. There have been lots of ups and downs in the process - stress tests to get more information about a blockage that showed up on an Echocardiogram (result - no problem with blockage), a 2nd Echocardiogram to verify results from the first one that indicated pulmonary hypertension and right heart damage (result - strong indication of pulmonary hypertension and right heart damage), from there, a right heart catheterization to measure the damage (result - no damage - no pulmonary hypertension) and from there a quick trip to cervical spine surgery.

I'm still recuperating, but I'm planning on a full recovery (with God's help, of course).

Thank you for your thoughts - and prayers - and all the help.

Life IS good!

No comments: