Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

And it was!

Michael and I went to church this morning at Covenant Fellowship Church in PA. What a huge church. Yesterday morning the church was set up to accommodate 1,950 people in each service (there are 2 services each Sunday morning). At one time I would have thought that church too big, but at this point in my life, I kind of like the anonymity that I find in such a large group. It's also a church that I could manage by myself. There aren't a whole lot of those. It was a good start to a wonderful day.

From church we went to a quick breakfast at Jimmy's. Couldn't wait too late to eat because we were invited to Greg and Amy's for Easter dinner at 4:00. And it had to be quick because we wanted to get to Richard and Julie's before Kate went to bed.

So... off to see Richard, Julie and Kate. It was certainly Easter at their house! Kate had an Easter Egg hunt outside and then they all went inside to see what they got in their Easter baskets. It was a short visit, but a nice one. They are such a happy family. I pray that their happiness increases even more with the years.

Home for a snooze and to talk to Scott on the phone. They had a nice Easter morning at home and then took Bryce to the movies. Scott said that Bryce was SOOOOO good at the movies! We're going to get together on Tuesday for lunch and I can give Bryce his Easter basket then. I can hardly wait to see them. I'm just sorry that Crystal can't come.

On to Greg and Amy's for dinner at 4:00. FANTASTIC as usual. Amy and Greg make such a wonderful holiday dinner - turkey, ham, green beans, corn, rolls (heated on the grill - creative!), Amy-mashed-potatoes (the BEST mashed potatoes you ever ate!!!) and then Greg made cobbler for dessert. Everything was wonderful and we were stuffed when we left!!!! The kids shared the candy in their Easter Baskets without even being asked. I was definitely impressed! Matthew told me I could take 2 pieces of candy, but I had to save one for after dinner (which I did). Fun!

From Greg and Amy's we went to Philadelphia, to World Cafe Live to see The Duhks. What a fantastic concert! Michael used the word "dynamic" which I think is a great word to describe their "sound". From the first note, we were drawn in by their sound. So, remember, when you get famous and go on the road with your band, hire a soundman. It's worth it! ;) If Michael got any decent pictures, I'll add some here at some point.

It was a busy day, but a wonderful one!

Happy Easter!

Christ is risen!!!!!

No comments: