Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

What a great Easter I had.  I got to visit with all of my children (except for Crystal) and grandchildren and I loved every minute of it.

In the past, there has been a tradition of the "Easter Weed" - a plant that the kids picked up for $1 or $2.  It's always fun to see what they found and to hear them laugh about it.

This year, though, the tradition must have been suspended.  I got a plant from each family, but this year they were BEAUTIFUL!  A gorgeous pink hydrangea... wonderful hyacinths that made the whole house smell like spring... and a hand-picked pot that Bryce filled with dirt and one red snap-dragon and one yellow marigold - truly perfect. 

I could lapse into the story about how my great-grandfather and I used to pick snap dragons in his yard when I was little, but I'll spare you the nostalgia.  Suffice it to know... we did. 

It was a glorious Easter and any day that I get to see the whole gang (especially when Crystal can come) is very good day and one that leaves me very grateful at the end of the day!


He is risen!

No comments: